podcast show notes | episode 019 | learning’s my favorite
This blog post serves as SHOW NOTES for our podcast — Cultivate a Good Life. This is not a comprehensive outline of everything discussed in this specific episode. The notes, links, and tips below are just some of what was mentioned. Everything we’re highlighting here will certainly make so much more sense when you’ve listened to this episode. If you haven’t already listened, you definitely should. And you should also just go ahead and subscribe to the podcast. It’s good stuff.
In episode 19, we talk with Laurie Pecotte, our Digital Manager here at BH. A nurse turned digital guru, Laurie knows how to work hard at — and find joy in — learning new things. We are talking all about learning and how to implement lifelong learning as a meaningful way to cultivate a good life.
spotted owl avenue
Episode 19 is sponsored by Spotted Owl Avenue, an innovative company who makes THE cutest letter ledges and letter kits. They make such a statement on any wall! Be sure to also check out their other darling wood signs and cutouts.
Visit Spotted Owl Avenue to shop and be sure to enter BECKY10 at checkout to save 10% on anything and everything.
Follow them on Facebook: Spotted Owl Avenue
Or on Instagram: @spottedowlavenue
Shop their products on Etsy here.
Learning is the ultimate form of self-care.
IDEAS FOR WHAT TO LEARN
- try a new recipe
- learn how to play an instrument
- learn how to deal with a child’s struggles / health issues
- start and run a business
- home decorating skills
- fold a fitted sheet
- skills for a job
- a new hobby
- new cultures
- new language
Five minutes…who can’t do something for five minutes?!
HOW TO LEARN!
- attend a class (community college–in person or online. Ask your employer about tuition reimbursement.)
- reading (alone, with a spouse, or join a book club. Don’t forget audio books!) Find Chip and Jo’s book — The Magnolia Story — here.
- online (BH Classroom, Craftsy, Rad & Happy classes, YouTube, 5 Minute Crafts, Ana White DIY)
- box kits / subscription boxes (Bitsbox, Hello Fresh, Raddish Kids — use code BECKY for 50% off your first month at Raddish)
Once you stop learning, you start dying. –Albert Einstein
CONNECT WITH US!
Spread the word! We would be so grateful if you shared about our podcast with your friends. Post on social media, text a buddy, whatever floats your boat. And leaving a review on iTunes would just make you our favorite. And yes, our podcast is accessible to anyone using an android device! Spotify, Google Play, Pocket Cast, Cast, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Podcast Addict, Player, FM, and more.