This is a very fun post for me to publish.
A company hiring someone? Um. Big … whoop?
It wouldn’t seem like such a big deal, but it is for us. Let me back up. We started our little company nearly 4 years ago. Since then we have seen an explosion of growth, for which I still feel astonished and overwhelmed with gratitude. Even with all the growth, our little team has remained, well … little! Each person within our organization is someone that we “knew” already – directly or indirectly. And so those roles just sort of fell into place as needs arose with time. But we’ve never formally posted a job listing, so this is a little historical for us. ; )
We need more help. When I think several months down the road, and even a couple years from now, I have a list of personnel that I imagine will join our team. But for right now – today – we are officially announcing the availability of two particular positions on our team – one is a full-time salary job and the other is part-time contract work.
Web Developer & Graphic Designer
We are looking to hire a full-time Web Developer with graphic design skills. We have posted this job on Monster.com but I also wanted to let YOU know. Could you be this person we’re looking for? Or … do you know of someone that might be a good fit for this position and our company?
If so, please visit this job listing on Monster where you can learn more about the specific requirements as well as what is involved in the role. We are looking for someone that lives in the Phoenix Arizona area, or is willing to relocate here. If you are looking to apply for this position we kindly ask that you email your resumé, a few work/design examples and/or a link to an online portfolio, and a brief summary of why you want to work at Becky Higgins® LLC (optional). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you are a graphic designer that is interested in designing some Project Life® products, that’s an entirely separate gig – and not a full-time job. Although we are always open to those design inquiries too! You can email some samples of your work to email@example.com.
I am also looking for some personal assistance in creative support. Sounds vague, I know. So I’ll explain what I’m talking about and then … when I find the right person, I’ll give you a cooler job title.
For now, this is not a full-time position and it’s really more contract work. The hours are inconsistent enough that I wouldn’t even post this on Monster. Plus – It’s a super niche’ job description and requires someone to really get Project Life … which is why I’m announcing this here, to you. Who better to ask!? But let me be upfront: You have to live in the Phoenix area. I need you geographically close to me because you’ll be personally assisting me with various projects. This is my dream:
- You don’t mind inconsistent hours. There may be nothing going on one week, but then you might have 10-15 hours worth of projects the next week.
- You are talented photographer, but not necessarily a pro. I’m not looking for someone who specializes in weddings or family portraits. I want someone who has a knack for taking really great everyday, natural-light photos. You have a camera and you know how to use it – and you’re GOOD.
- You know how to edit. Photoshop, Lightroom, Pixelmator, or whatever you use … you know how to make a “blah” picture look pretty awesome.
- You love Project Life. You get it. You do it. You know the process of slipping photos and cards into pockets. You’ll be assisting me in pulling together many PL projects and everything I do is very SIMPLE in design, so I am not looking for creativity or techniques.
- You are organized and efficient with your time.
- It would be a total bonus if you know a little something about videography. If you are capable of doing a little amateur filming and then putting simple movies together, I would be so stoked.
If you are a Project Lifer in the Phoenix area and my little “dream” list seems to fit you … and you’re looking for a very part-time job playing with Project Life mostly … please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a very brief description a little bit about you, your involvement with PL, your skill sets, and be sure to include a couple sample PL layouts. We will be paying close attention to the actual photos of layouts because that would be a strong indicator of your photography skills.
Can’t WAIT to hear from some of you! And please remember to share this blog post link with anyone you know that might be interested!