my hair routine
When we see questions “on repeat” from our customers, we really do make our best effort to address those questions, whether it be via social media, a blog post, or video. A video was definitely in order for this question that we get pretty regularly: How do I do my hair?
Honestly, I’m not sure what I do with my hair is all that interesting — especially because this isn’t my area of expertise. I’m the girl who doesn’t give a whole lot of thought to what I wear. I’ve been doing the same makeup routine for years because I don’t want to take the time to play and experiment on my face. And I for sure don’t like to spend much time doing my hair. I spend all of 5-10 minutes doing it because there are too many other things I want or need to do. So ultimately, I think that’s why it was fun to do this quick video — to show you how this very busy working mama can pull my hair together in just 5-10 minutes even on the busiest of days.
A little before and after:
As for stuff shown in the video, here’s a list (none of this was sponsored):
- My blouse – StitchFix
- My hair cut & color – Brooke Jeppson (a personal friend)
- Wide-tooth comb – Conair
- 1″ curling iron – Toni & Guy
- Primer 11 – Framesi Color Lover (detangler, thermal guard, helps with frizz)
- Miracle Leave-in Product – It’s a 10 (same use as Primer 11)
- Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray – Not Your Mother’s (helps with tousled waves / texture)
- Beach Day – Unite (same use as Beach Babe and also thickens my hair’s volume)
- After Party – Tiji Bed Head (smoothing cream and helps with frizz and flyaways)
- She’s a Tease volumizing hairspray – Not Your Mother’s (it does what hairspray does and doesn’t smell as bad as most)